Graduate Building Surveyor
Do you want a career in Building Surveying working for a multi award winning property and construction consultancy (Ridge have been named 2017 winners of the Construction Consultant/Surveyor of the Year at this year’s Building Awards which is the industry’s longest running and most prestigious recognition of excellence) where you will be involved in projects worth up to £300M for ground breaking clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc?
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, we have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support our clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
We work with a wide range of clients to manage their property portfolios, projects and transactions and due to our continuing success; Ridge and Partners are now looking for a talented Graduate Building Surveyor to join our team in Reading.
You will benefit from on the job learning experiences whilst working on prestigious projects. Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes. You will also work with interesting clients including, emergency services, large retail companies, local authorities, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc.
- Advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
- Carry out building, condition and measured surveys
- Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
- Analyse and report on building defects
- Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
- Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
- Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
- Degree qualified (or to be qualifying this summer) RICS approved
- 1 year out building surveying experience would be highly desirable
- As a Graduate Building Surveyor at Ridge and Partners, you will need to demonstrate the desire, drive and a real enthusiasm to becoming a Chartered Building Surveyor which will be fully supported by the company (the national Ridge APC support process) and the Reading Building Surveying Team.
- At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded
- 25 days holiday and study leave
- Private Healthcare
- A permanent contract from day one
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 580 people in nine offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.