Graduate Project Manager
Do you want a career in Project Management working for a multi award winning property and construction consultancy (Ridge have been named 2017 winners of the Construction Consultant/Surveyor of the Year at this year’s Building Awards which is the industry’s longest running and most prestigious recognition of excellence) where you will be involved in projects worth up to £300M for ground breaking clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc?
At Ridge and Partners, we offer client care and advice that very few, if any can match. The Project Management team fully embrace this philosophy by drawing on the vast amount of knowledge, expertise and experience gained from working in diverse sectors and projects around the world. Our abilities at managing out risk and inefficiency and driving projects forward to deliver real value are essential elements of our service and combine to produce exceptional results.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an opportunity for a Graduate Project Manager. You will join our significantly (Over 60 Project Managers in 9 UK locations) experienced and talented Project Management Team based at our offices in Reading, Theale.
- Assisting with the day to day delivery of projects
- Undertake contact administration
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget, risk register etc
- Maintain a robust document management system
- Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Assist with conduct feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation, etc
- Monitor and report on the contractors progress against the contract programme
- Assist in the management of consultant teams to ensure that the contractor’s design is done in compliance with the contract and specification
- Liaise with the client on deviations from specification, budget etc.
- Ensure that all CDM regulations have been followed throughout the delivery of project
- BSc/MSc in a construction related subject
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions, etc)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams.
- You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating commercial awareness and exhibiting the ability to get the job done!
- At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded
- 25 days holiday and study leave
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
- Continued personal development plan
- Excellent work life balance
As a Graduate Project Manager at Ridge and Partners, you will need to demonstrate the desire, drive and a real enthusiasm to becoming a Chartered Project Manager which will be fully supported by the company (the national Ridge APC support process) and the Reading Project Management Team.
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 580 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.