Video Production Officer
The Royal Yachting Association, based in Hamble, near Southampton, is the national governing body for all forms of recreational, competitive and professional boating. It represents dinghy and yacht racing, motor and sail cruising, RIBs and sportsboats, powerboat racing, windsurfing, inland cruising and personal watercraft.
The RYA is looking to recruit a Video Production Officer to assist the RYA’s Video Production Manager, in creating engaging video content to be used on the RYA’s public facing websites, social media channels and presentations.
Communication with the RYA’s associated members, committees, clubs and training centres is critical, and we believe video is a powerful communication tool for the RYA brand.
- Video Production – filming, directing and editing video content from specific events and training activities, as well as athlete and staff interviews
- Co-ordinating and producing video material for promotional and communication requirements
- Working on creative video projects with the core objective of developing interest in boating
- Increasing membership
- Improving member satisfaction & retention
- Optimising the use of video for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- From creating trailers to improving the engagement on platforms through annotations to being creative and strategic with future content
- Operate from a range of locations
- Often work irregular hours - 35 hours a week
- Understanding of the latest video production, editing and encoding technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to quick turnaround times
- Knowledge of social medial platforms
- Flexibility is also essential
- Pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
Interviews to be held on: 6th and/or 7th March 2018.