Event Account Executive Internship
To help charities and organisations maximise their fundraising efforts through innovative technology and events.
A new era of giving beckons and Givergy is positioning itself at the heart of it. Millennials, now representing the majority of the global workforce, have been dubbed the Giving Generation and are a big reason why charitable giving reached record highs in 2017. They demand simple and immediate solutions and Givergy’s mission is to give it to them.
Our vision is to be the #1 fundraising tech partner to the Giving Generation. We’re a young, innovative and fast growing business with exceptional opportunities for the best in market candidates. Market leaders in our field, our award winning first product is used at many of the world’s most exclusive charity and fundraising events – 1,500 in total in 2017 to be exact. We’re in the process of launching 3 further products, each of which we’re aiming to be as big as our first and our 100s of charity clients include Cancer Research UK, Save the Children, The Prince’s Trust, UNICEF, Breast Cancer Care, NSPCC and Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.
We believe in a great team culture and our own social capitalism; where great growth can be achieved without losing sight of our core values and where we answer to our team, our customers and our partners as much as to our investors. And in so doing we ensure long term as well as short term success. We’re part of the Red Group which is committed to building a family of incredible global brands for the future, standing for everything that is good about the world and harnessing the power of the internet and the smartphone: playing our small part in bringing the global community together bringing harmony to its people and its environment. We’re a fast growing team of young ambitious individuals who want to work and play hard. We believe in empowering everyone, in respect, in accountability and in enjoying life.
We are looking to recruit a confident, personable and supremely organised Event Account Executive to join our Account Management Team. Reporting to an Account Manager you will assist in the pre-event build up, work at some of the events and provide post event follow up. The role will include liaising with clients, working with website developers, general admin and assisting the team to help charities raise as much as possible at their events. Applicants must have a can-do attitude, exceptional attention to detail, work well under pressure – with the ability to multi task and work to strict deadlines, be able to communicate effectively with clients and team members alike, and have a keen interest in charities and events. The role will include some evenings and weekend work, including at events.
- Pre-event set up collating guest data, lot items and images, using our dedicated Event Management System
- Liaising with venues before events and working in unison with the logistics team
- Working closely with developers to create online auctions – design, content and data
- Post-event – creating a bidding report and analysing activity for clients
- Communicating with guests post event and collecting payments for auction items
- Updating figures and reports to aid in Givergy forecasting
- Communicating with clients before, during and after events
- Progression to operational event management of selected Givergy events and event consultancy with client
- Working on the night at events
- Any additional duties as relevant to the role including payment collection
- Do you have a passion for charities and the third sector and the work they do? Do you want to help charities – no matter whether big or small – to raise more? This role will suit a dynamic, flexible person who is not only highly organised but also enjoys a social role. Are you looking to progress in a Special Events Manager/Charity Account Manager role – then this is the job for you!
- Excellent computer skills (especially in Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Exemplary organisational skills, time management (working to strict deadlines) and attention to detail
- Excellent at communicating effectively and building relationships with clients and team members
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A pro-active, can-do, team player attitude