Trainee Manufacturing Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
This is a plastic injection moulding company specialising in offering a full service solution, from concept through to production. This means they get involved in the design, development and the manufacture of new plastic products.
They are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals with a keen interest in engineering and manufacturing to join their in-house trainee programme. These positions provide an attractive opportunity to enter a career in manufacturing with a real opportunity for the right person to develop and progress through the Company into management.
With significant emphasis on structured training across all departments you will learn from the ground up. This position is built upon a formal training plan that reflects the expectation of progression. This means the successful candidate will take on additional responsibilities and duties throughout the course of the training plan as they gain knowledge and demonstrate ability and understanding.
There is a clear structure to this programme that links progress and achievement directly to salary expectations. Specific training will major on production related areas such as: machine operation; tool mounting; machine setting; process optimisation, validation and control; materials recycling, stores management and supervision. In addition, in order to provide a broad and comprehensive introduction to manufacturing, you will spend time in supporting departments and undertake relevant training in quality assurance, weighing, sorting & packing and printing & assembly.
The company operates 24 hours per day during the week. The standard hours are 46 hours per week between the hours of 7am-7pm. After some training you will be required to work some shifts in Production which could involve any time between 7am-7pm on days and 7pm-7am on nights.
- A good educational background. Qualification could be the successful completion of a relevant college course to degree level; "A" levels; good GCSE grades or similar.
- A good work ethic with a "can do" attitude
- Keen to learn, develop, succeed and progress
- Naturally enthusiastic and ambitious
- You will be equally at home working on your own initiative as you are in a team
- Flexible, reliable and conscientious.
- A good level of fitness as the role has some physical demands.
- Show some bias towards manufacturing / engineering in educational achievements and/or hobbies and interests.
- Participate in a highly developed and structured training programme.
- Starting rate of pay will be between £16,000 and £18,000 per annum, this will be increased after successful completion of an initial probation period and will also be increased as key training milestones are successfully achieved.
- Annual holiday entitlement will be 5 weeks plus Bank Holidays
- Life assurance and personal accident insurance
- Opportunity to join our auto enrolment pension scheme.