Working within the Quality department, the Quality Engineer will support with the testing of products, analysing data, ensuring compliance with Industry Standards and Product Certification, monitoring the chemistry of raw materials and the processing/investigation of supplier DMR's.
- To investigate and interrogate quality control data to ensure compliance and identify trends, thereby promoting product improvements
- To interpret and implement relevant industry standards
- To be an active team member for Product and Process development trials
- To sample, test and report performance of products
- To take responsibility for raw materials quality, ensuring compliance with specifications and conducting audits of suppliers where necessary
- To control the chemical composition testing of products at external laboratories to ensure compliance with product certifications
- Must have a high level of computer literacy, especially in the use of MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of MS Access and SAP would also be advantageous
- Must have good knowledge of and strong experience in the application of maths and statistics (e.g. the ability to analyse data using statistics for correlations or risk assessments)
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work on their own initiative to drive forward the responsibilities of the role.
- Must be a confident and enthusiastic individual with the ability to communicate effectively
- Should ideally be qualified to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering or Science subject.
- Experience within a similar role would also be advantageous