Mobile Service Engineer
To enable the company to achieve the agreed contractual standard of service required, by working as part of a team, delivering, collecting, repairing and servicing wheelchairs. Complete jobs with a focus on a high level of customer service and high degree of engineering quality to ensure a first time fix wherever possible.
- Delivering and collecting to and from service user's homes and NHS departments, ensuring at all times that the Company Infection Control Policy is followed.
- Servicing and repairing wheelchairs in the field with the aim of achieving a first time fix whenever possible.
- Ensure all paper work relating to each job is read carefully and completed with all the necessary information regarding parts used and action taken written onto the job card to enable the customer services team to accurately update the data base.
- Ensure any PPE supplied for use in carrying out your duties is used as instructed.
- Observe all regulations covering the driving and use of the Company vehicle on the public highway and be aware of employee responsibility under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Keep the vehicle you use in a tidy state and ensure stocks of all necessary parts are replenished each day.
- Ensure the vehicle safety check and the van check sheet are done each week.
- Maintain a professional customer service attitude and always use discretion when dealing with all service users and other agencies, always wear your uniform and identification badge, and ensure the uniform is kept clean and laundered at all times.
- Prioritise and organise your work load, referring to Line Manager as and when appropriate.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and safe keeping of all tools and equipment provided by the Company as outlined in the Company handbook.
- Agree to undertake all training offered that is necessary to maintain the skills required for this role.
- Full UK driving licence
- Successful enhanced CRB check
- General workshop knowledge
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Basic electrical knowledge including 12v/24v D.C. systems
- Able to move and handle loads and equipment safely
- Experience of face to face customer contact.
- Previous delivery driver experience
- An awareness and understanding of people with disabilities
- Flexible approach to working conditions and working environment change.
- Ability to use own initiative within set boundaries of the role.
- Ability to use a mobile phone to relay photographs Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to relay clear instructions to customers