Financial & Commercial Intern
The purpose of this role is to support the Commercial and Finance teams in the management and administration of the Trade Promotions process in SAP.
- Supporting Commercial Team in the creation of business case for promotions
- Set up of fixed and variable agreements in SAP
- Central contact for Finance Shared Services for claims settlement process. This involves seeking appropriate sign off, matching invoice to promotion and referencing against the appropriate rebate agreement
- Support Finance Managers in month end accrual process
- Support Finance Managers in timely closing of rebate agreements
- Manage Commercial team’s trade spend trackers.
- Have regular meetings with National Account Managers to understand upcoming promotions.
- Set up and management of on invoice discounting and monitoring of discounts applied by customer services
- Support sales teams in input of the monthly promotions, sites and fixed, variable and one off spend
- We are looking for current second year students who are looking for a 12 month placement starting in the summer.
- Hair & Beauty industry affinity is preferred but not essential.
- Ideally, the candidate will be studying for a business or finance related degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential
- Succinct, accurate and timely entry of data / creation of reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization, administrative and time management skills
- Agile and flexible to adapt to a fast paced organization
- Willing to learn and develop
- Able to work cross functionally and build relationships
- Occasional travel to Manchester to meet with Finance Shared Services but primarily based in London. Resource will be shared between Commercial and Finance team.