Junior Art Director
On agency is a full-service direct marketing agency in the heart of Brighton with a varied client list including big and small charities from overseas development and animal welfare to medical research and human rights. Our culture is positive, friendly and collaborative.
Our team of 30 dedicated and enthusiastic fundraisers and marketeers works only with not-for-profit organisations and provides our charity partners with strategic and creative planning and tactical implementation founded on intelligence, creativity and proven effectiveness.
- Exciting entry level opportunity for someone seeking a career in the creative industries: a conceptual junior art director. You’ll have plenty of ideas along with a passion to help some the UK’s most inspirational charities. You must be an absolute ninja with InDesign.
- You will work across a range of the agency’s clients to produce creative that smashes fundraising targets.
- You will need to work well with colleagues from all departments, collaborating with copywriters, designers, planners, account management as well as clients and external suppliers including photographers and illustrators.
- Working closely with the copywriter to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil the client's brief
- Demonstrate cross-channel conceptual ability
- Produce sketches or visuals to communicate ideas to the client
- Show strong art directional craft skills
- Have good knowledge of social and digital formats
- Tackle all projects – large and small – with passion
- Present confidently to colleagues and clients
- Ensure client work is always on brand
- Complete work within time and budget
- Keep up to speed with industry innovations and trends
- Proactively contribute to the department, and help out where needed
- Challenge briefs and feedbacks where appropriate in a constructive way
- Add value to every project
- IT skills in relevant art and design packages, especially InDesign
- Consistent ability to produce and communicate fresh ideas and visual concepts
- High levels of motivation and perseverance with a strong belief in your ideas, plus the skills and confidence to express them
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and multi-task
- The ability to work as part of a team
- the ability to take constructive criticism and to be able to adapt and reqork ideas to clients' and colleagues' feedback
- the capacity to deal with stress and work well under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
- enthusiasm about charity sector with a desire to keep up to date with new developments in the sector