Youth Education Co-ordinator - British Red Cross
In this exciting role, you will be accountable for providing education to targeted risk audience groups and individuals identified with an increased risk of experiencing a first aid, stigma or conflict crisis.
Our vision is a world where everyone gets the help that they need in a crisis, and your role will be essential in achieving this.
- You will develop community relationships/ partnerships to support our approach and with the support of a motivated team of volunteers and other professionals
- You will deliver dynamic and creative sessions that will focus on developing learner confidence and willingness to act in a crisis
- Work with the Crisis Education Manager to plan, develop and deliver the crisis education offer. To work collaboratively with the crisis education support centre, as directed by the Crisis Education Manager.
- Support and implement the crisis education day to day operations, to ensure there is an effective and efficient dynamic education offer and business process.
- To manage, develop and maintain local education partnerships, networks and relationships with schools and other formal/ informal educational organisations.
- To recruit, train, develop and manage a team of volunteers responsible for facilitating crisis education.
- To support the implementation of the education quality framework to ensure the appropriate level of assessment, evaluation and monitoring is in place.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is great with young people and can network, plan, deliver and bring people together.
- We are particularly keen to hear from applicants who can demonstrate the below skills and experience:
- Experience of facilitated learning and adapting nationally approved learning content to meet learner needs
- Experience in recruiting, selecting, managing and supporting volunteers
- Experience in the evaluation of learner needs
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Mileage expenses for business travel (45p per mile)
- 35 hours per week; Fixed term - 12 months
Closing date for applications is 23.59 on Tuesday 6th February 2018