Retail Operations Assistant
Be part of the Orvis team… With 160 years heritage, Orvis is a US brand which aims to inspire a connection to the outdoor world, offering products which appeal both to avid country sports enthusiasts and those who simply love an outdoor lifestyle. The business is largely driven by apparel sales through retail stores, ecommerce and catalogue channels, but our brand heritage comes from fly fishing.
Reporting to the Head of Retail, this Retail Operations Assistant will act as the central communications point for all retail stores in UK, providing input into the development, guidance, monitoring and advice on specific policies and procedures.
- Produces and carries out regular updating of operational guidance for all in store processes (includes retail policies, promotional guidance and retail manuals).
- Oversees the seasonal production and distribution of VM plans, working in conjunction with marketing team on in store VM materials / themes.
- Produces and publishes daily, weekly and monthly sales reports, checks accuracy and provides top level commentary, highlighting those areas performing significantly over or under plan / expectations for weekly and monthly management meetings.
- Produces and evaluates sales & disposal lists, communicating with US and UK inventory teams to ensure seasonal mark downs, promotional activity and stock movement are aligned to retail strategy.
- Coordinates weekly store conference calls with District Manager distributing meeting minutes. Manages annual store manager’s event.
- Working with HR and Training store to arrange and support induction and training for new managers in line with company guidance.
- Manages store sundries budget, cost effectively sourcing and distributing items in a timely manner.
- Manages the Retail page for Orvis intranet
- Manages and tracks Fishing demo kit to stores.
- 3 years at Store Manager level, preferably within the apparel sector or graduate within retail management.
- Intermediate Excel user (DSS & ISeries User)
- Retail Management NVQ Level III or Business Administration NVQ Level III or higher, is desirable.
- Discretionary bonus
- Three time life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Staff discount
- Use of Orvis fishing beats in Hampshire