Retail Stock Allocator
6 days left
- Full Time
The Orvis Company is a 160+ year old, US based apparel and outdoor retailer, consisting of multiple product categories sold across multiple channels. Orvis product lines include Men’s and Ladies apparel, Fly Fishing, Hunting and Dog products, and Home offerings. Orvis sells through Retail stores, ecommerce, catalogues and wholesale. Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect.
We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
The Retail Allocator is responsible for the daily decisions that will influence sales and profitability in the retail stores by allocating the right product to the right store in the right quantity at the right time. The Retail Allocator will be able to analyse market trends and conditions, store inventory levels, product content and assortment, along with demographic requirements to make sound decisions that deliver assigned category sales, margin, and GMROI goals.
- Executes seasonal allocation plans based on work done upstream in item planning and assortment planning, ensuring the Right Product gets to the Right Place at the Right Time.
- Writes allocation and replenishment orders for stores based on seasonal plan, and item/subcategory/category performance.
- Examines and communicates category, subcategory, item and store performance to key business partners on a weekly basis through structured Monday reporting, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Supports UK Retail Operations in making decisions on product line allocation by SKU based on store size, location and format, working with merchandising and planning to define store range (or assortment) plan.
- Works with District Manager and Store teams to maximise floor space by category, answering store inquiries on new product allocations and upcoming programs.
- Monitors stock sell through, and uses budget parameters to maintain flow of inventory in line with corporate end of period inventory goals.
- Provides feedback to planning and merchandising on product trends and performance.
- Works with Merchandise Operations to maximise buys on overselling product, and to mitigate investment risks on under-performing product.
- The successful individual will possess excellent analytical skills, great attention to detail, the ability to organise time and tasks, and a desire to continuously learn and improve on the job.
- 1 years stock allocation and/or retail store experience or graduate looking to move into retail buying and merchandising area.
- Life assurance
- Generous staff discount
- 25 days paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Child care vouchers
- use of Orvis’ fishing beats in Hampshire