We are looking for an enthusiastic and versatile artist who understands that great design goes far deeper than just amazing visuals and strives to create beautiful, intuitive and engaging experiences.
EducationCity is online educational resource used in primary schools worldwide with offices in Oakham, Rutland. As part of the Edmentum group, located in the US, we form the world’s largest specialist online educational company.
We produce a wide variety of creative work ranging from digital to print which aim to inspire and engage children as they learn. The successful candidate will be the latest addition to our growing multi-disciplinary art team.
- Cross team creative support producing attractive and effective designs for all products and platforms.
- A junior creative will be ready to develop their existing skills by working with the Creative Team on a range of online projects.
- An understanding of layout, animation and user centered design will be needed to maintain the high level of creative output and visually communicate educational concepts.
- Combine skills in illustration, vector graphics and layout in order to create compelling animation in Adobe Animate.
- Creating designs for characters, props and environments as part of the production workflow.
- Develop short narratives and inject humour to support educational dialogue.
- Communication of ideas with low-fidelity design techniques (sketches, storyboards, wireframes and paper prototypes).
- Adhere to and promote brand guidelines.
- Task assessment and communication of timeframes.
- Offer input to creative meetings and sharing of ideas.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other team disciplines, i.e., Developers, Project Managers and Product Owners.
- Ensure there is a hand-over of key responsibilities if you know you will be off sick or absent.
- Personal responsibility for meeting the goals highlighted in your 6-monthly staff review and during ongoing dialogue.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to your skill levels from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
- Good drawing and animation experience.
- A feel for movement and timing in order to produce convincing animation.
- Well organised with a strong eye for detail.
- Ability to adapt and adhere to existing style sheet and character set.
- An interest in animation for web (HTML5 Canvas, CSS3, svg) would be of benefit.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Keen ability to work collaboratively with other teams.
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards.
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
- An ability to problem solve where you make the complex seem simple.
- Be able to follow a brief and work on their own initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A good working knowledge and application of Adobe Creative suite
- An understanding of the principles of animation.
- Experience with Adobe Animate is of real benefit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Illustration Digital Media, or a Visual Communication related field.