Digital Marketing Planner
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
The role is diverse and requires the ability to multi-task, effectively communicate, and an ability to continuously self-educate in the dynamic digital marketing space. This requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space.
- Support the development of effective integrated media plans with the Media Lead & Client Services Director
- It is essential for the Digital Strategist to interrogate and interpret client briefs to understand client and market challenges, to propose custom media and communications strategies and ensure a route to delivery.
- Support the Merkle | Periscopix Media Lead & Client Director in development of one integrated cross-channel strategy and media laydown.
- Coordinate brief responses, cross-media strategies and media plans.
- Responsible for media and consumer insights collation, providing integrated brief response proposals.
- Collaborate closely with multiple marketing channel specialists to ensure optimal use of each marketing channel.
- Liaise with media owners and external agency partners, attending all agency meetings to present all channels and feedback requirements to channel leads.
- Maintain a high level of working and strategic knowledge across all channels and how they can integrate.
- Thought leadership, putting forward new topics of interest.
- Support the idea generation, cross-functional coordination and work with client management to ensure successful implementation of these campaigns.
- Ensure consistent communication during the planning period and ensure the client has visibility of each step within the process.
- Creates and presents media plan proposals, including timings and cost breakdowns with full justification of channel to be used.
- Communicate with internal research teams to collate market and customer insight to support and justify media laydown.
- Liaise with internal research team to analyse data trends and client performance to develop solid strategic media plans.
- Works with media team to periodically review media laydown.
- Execute QA, delivery timelines and implementation checklist to assist smooth transition to delivery.
- Work with the relevant teams to define custom measurement frameworks and PCA templates.
- Must have experience in digital marketing or planning, working client side or agency.
- Excel at building relationships, both internally and with C-suite.
- A good understanding of different marketing capabilities and what they offer the client and customer, including; Search Marketing, Display, Social etc.
- Track record in achieving client business KPI’s directly resulting from marketing activation.
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing, ensure digital is fully embedded in all initiatives.
- Possession of excellent written, oral and presentation skills, particularly the ability to articulate a compelling digital activation and customer story.
- Strong understanding of project management.
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)