Graduate Scheme - Marketing & Sales
We LOVE food at Premier Foods. We love how it brings people together and provides moments of pleasure in a busy world. And so do our consumers. Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century, but we don’t let them stand still – we’re constantly innovating in line with our purpose to create the food our nation loves most for modern life. And today you'll find our brands in 95% of British households.
We need to recruit outstanding graduates to join our development programme, with the drive and passion to make a difference to our business, and who have the potential to become our future leaders.
- Supporting a key account manager on new sales opportunities
- To ensure all retailer requests are met, in a timely manner
- Creating new line forms for all new products to allow launches to happen in stores.
- Helping create promotional plans using a strategic perspective on how each retailer and customer purchases specific products
- Inputting promotional volumes into systems with correct volumes, to ensure all products are forecasted for.
- Attending retailer meetings where Joint Business Plan negotiations are utilised to progress category growth
- Strong use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Opportunities to work alongside a wider team of: shopper marketing, product innovation teams and category management.
- During the two marketing rotations you will be supporting brand and category managers
- 3 A Levels – minimum of 280 UCAS points gained
- Degree qualified-ideally a Business related degree– 2:1 minimum achieved (or expected)
- An understanding of the UK FMCG / Retail sectors
- Relevant work experience and clear career aspirations demonstrated through employment / placement opportunities
- High degree of commercial awareness and analytical thinker
- Personal qualities in line with our values
- The right to work in the UK and English speaking
- UK driving licence – during the field sales role you will be expected to spend a significant time driving, thereafter your base will be St Albans AL1 2RE and you will need to be prepared to relocate here: you may be required to spend time in other locations with overnight stays for ad hoc evenings or longer periods during your placements
- Experience of leadership roles across sports, hobbies or other interests
- Exposure to diversity e.g. community or charity work, travel and gap year experiences
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
- £28,000 and attractive benefits package including: 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts.
- A real community of like-minded fellow graduates
- Sponsored professional development
- A Business Mentor
- More than 10 days of off-job development workshops covering such topics as communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Invitations to social events and executive networking opportunities. Our graduates are sociable and enjoy informal dinners and drinks and have the opportunity to attend more formal events such as charity dinners and sales conferences.