Assistant Management Accountant
- Full Time
Croner-i are a leader in content for the Accountancy, Compliance, HR and Health & Safety sector. We have a fantastic reputation and client base within this industry and have aggressive growth plans for the next 3 years. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and privately owned business as an Assistant Management Accountant to the Financial Controller.
This role is to assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and provide general support for the Financial Analyst and accounts team. This role also works closely with other sections of the finance department and the candidate must therefore work well as part of the team.
The Assistant Management Accountant will work closely with the rest of the Finance Team to produce monthly management information, including monthly accounts, reconciliation of control accounts, review of balances and aid in various commercial analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts for comparison against budgets, highlighting and reporting variances
- Analysis of invoices for accruals, prepayments and capital items
- Complete nominal ledger reconciliation (including inter-company), investigating, reporting and clearing any differences
- Assist in the budgeting process
- Prepare and complete VAT and other statutory returns
- Assist with the development of financial systems
- Assist the financial analyst in various analytical projects and reporting
- The role also involves liaising with Group Finance to assist with the flow of information and meeting of deadlines.
- Ability to organise & prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines
- Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of financial reporting procedures
- Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets
- Can work on own initiative and under pressure
- AAT qualified and preferably studying towards further recognised accountancy qualifications
- We offer a fantastic benefits package including company profit share scheme, discounted membership to various companies, subsidised canteen, free on site gym and fruit every Thursday plus pension, childcare vouchers and 25 days holiday + bank holidays.