Press Team Placement Opportunity
4 days left
- Full Time
WHISTLES is a leading British contemporary fashion brand for men and women that cultivates a philosophy for effortless and modern design, providing refined wardrobe pieces with great service.
We currently have a Work Placement opportunity in our PR Team at our Head Office in London. It is great opportunity for Fashion students to learn more about the role of a Menswear and Womenswear PR Team in a premium High Street brand.
- Working with Fashion GPS on all samples send outs and returns to press, liaising with Whistles Buying and Merchandising teams.
- Coordinating press imagery and maintaining the seasonal image folders.
- Ensuring press showroom and office is maintained to a high standard.
- Updating and maintaining media databases.
- Assisting the Junior Press Officer with monitoring of press coverage for the weekly and monthly reports.
- Provide general office and administrative support to the office.
- Assisting on all events, including seasonal press days and ad hoc projects.
- Competitor analysis and news/trends to be circulated to the team/business.
- This role is only available to current students looking for a role in our Press Team whilst on their placement year.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx