Software Engineer (London)
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following:
- Web application development
- Unix/Linux environments
- Mobile application development
- Distributed and parallel systems
- Machine learning
- Information retrieval
- Natural language processing
- Developing large software systems
- Security software development.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field is preferred
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed is preferred
- Be versatile
- Display leadership qualities
- Be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward
Google aspires to be an organisation that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serves. We believe that, in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.