Software Engineer, University Graduate (Switzerland)
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information
- Solve all problems that come your way
- Work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve
- Design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with programming in C++ and/or Java
- Experience in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field is preferred
- Strong object-oriented skills is preferred
- Be versatile
- Display leadership qualities
- Be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward
Note: Applicants for this role must be able to start working in 2018.