Graduate Lighting Designer/Engineer
We’re looking for Graduate Lighting Designers / Engineers to join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices to assist on all aspects of lighting projects, from concept development to detailed lighting specifications. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Working mainly with our senior designers, and supporting other team members, this is an excellent opportunity to learn about lighting design, develop skills and subsequently work on your own projects. Although you could be straight from university, ideally you may have gained experience in a lighting, architectural and/or engineering consultancy practice.
- You will work alongside experts in architectural and daylighting design on a wide range of national and international projects.
- Hands on lighting design for a range of projects
- Providing lighting calculations
- Preparation of renderings, drawings, and specification
- Assisting the production of project related correspondence and reports
- Project and team administration duties
- Co-ordinating work with designers and engineers of other disciplines.
- Attend design team meetings and present design outcome
- Familiarity with 3D modelling software is desirable
- Some knowledge of lighting software would be advantageous, including daylight analysis software
- We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive, design flair and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the lighting design and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
- Recognised degree or diploma in lighting, architecture, engineering, product design or interior design with prediction of 2:1 or higher
- An A level (or equivalent) in Maths is desirable but not a pre-requisite
- A 2.1 or above in relevant modules such as architecture, art, design, maths, science, engineering and technology related subjects are advantageous
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training