Oxford International are looking to recruit enthusiastic and organised Activity Managers to run our residential language school Activity Programmes during the Easter and/or summer of 2018 at one of our centres across the UK.
Working closely with the other members of the senior management team and Activity Leaders you will over-see the deliver of a fun filled and action packed Activity Programme for everyone involved!
- As an Activity Manager, you will have overall responsibility of the Activity Programme, managing daytime and evening activities as well as our half-day and full-day excursions to attractions and places of cultural interest.
- You will also manage and motivate the team of Activity Leaders, who are enthusiastic and driven to deliver a great programme; work closely with important company clients and take on other duties that are deemed necessary for the smooth running of the centre.
- Respond to emergencies at all times.
- Maintain proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare.
- Dress appropriately at all times.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with staff and clients.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks.
- Create a positive atmosphere and motivate effectively.
- Create weekly staff rotas.
- Hold daily activity staff briefings.
- Monitor performance and conduct of ALs.
- Complete interim and end of contract appraisals for all ALs.
- Plan, organise and implement a range of activities suitable for students.
- Promote the programme efficiently.
- Awareness of outgoing expenditure.
- Liaise with college staff to ensure facilities are booked and ready.
- Organise cultural excursions.
- Regularly meet, one-on-one and as a group with Group Leaders to discuss the upcoming programme.
- Meet with conference staff.
- Ensure requests from students and group leaders are met promptly.
- Implement client feedback
- The ideal Activity Manager will be self-motivated with excellent communication and problem solving skills and the tenacity to deliver high quality Activity Programme. Experience working in a residential setting and of managing a team is beneficial.
- Experienced summer school Activity Leaders
- Those with a sports coaching and/or drama teaching background who wish to expand their managerial experience
- Event managers
As an Activity Manager, depending on whether you work Easter and/or summer, you will work at one of the following centres on a residential basis (accommodation and meals provided for you at no cost to yourself).
Easter; Ardingly College, Sussex, Benenden School, Kent, Christ Hospital, West Sussex, Bradfield College, Reading, Royal Holloway, West London, Oundle School, Peterborough
Summer; Benenden School, Kent, Bradfield College, Reading, Royal Agricultural University, Gloucestershire, University of Brighton – Eastborne Campus, Brighton, Herriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, University of Surrey, Guildford, Greenwich University, London, Goldsmiths University, London, Christ Hospital, Sussex, Royal Holloway, Surrey, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, University of Winchester, Winchester
- Our Activity Managers receive a base rate of £450 per week plus 12.07% accrued holiday pay (which equates to an additional £54.32 per week).
Our Easter programme will run from the end of March until the middle of April of 2018. The summer programme will be run from the end of June until the middle of August 2018.