Residential Activity Leader
Oxford International are looking to recruit enthusiastic and organised Activity Leaders to deliver our residential language school Activity Programme during the Easter and/or summer of 2018 at one of our centres across the UK.
Working closely with the other members of the Activity Leader team and the Activity Manager you will deliver a fun filled and action packed Activity Programme for everyone involved!
Activity Leaders deliver the onsite activities, which include: sports coaching, creative workshops, photography and drama, competitive team building challenges, discos, talent shows and other whole campus events. If you have a special talent and want to teach our students something, creativity is actively encouraged!
Activity Leaders also take our groups of students on cultural excursions. These are a chance for our students to see exciting cities and places of interest. The Activity Leaders also give tours of these places and provide the students with exciting cultural and historical information. Ample support and materials are provided for the excursions.
Activity Leaders live and work in the centres, undertaking other duties such as: meal and accommodation supervision, airport meet and greets and any administrative assistance the senior staff require.
- Respond to emergencies at all times.
- Maintain proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare.
- Dress appropriately at all times.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with staff and clients.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks.
- Be a positive role model.
- Plan, create and lead onsite activities.
- Guide students on cultural excursions.
- Promote the programme.
- Engage with students throughout
- Supervise students during meal times and free time.
- Perform airport duties.
- Comply with the OIEG Child Safeguarding policy at all times.
- Undertake accommodation supervision in evenings.
- Attend staff induction days where required.
- Attend all staff briefings and workshops.
- Take part in all health and safety training.
- Consult risk assessments before an activity.
- Carry out risk assessments where required
- As an Activity Leader, depending on whether you work Easter and/or summer, you will work at one of the following centres on a residential basis (accommodation and meals provided for you at no cost to yourself).
- Students looking to develop their experiences with children and young adults
- Those with a sports coaching and/or drama teaching background who wish to expand their experience
- We look for no qualifications, but just passion, charisma and a little bit of experience of working with young people.
- Our Activity Leaders receive a base rate of £310.20 per week plus 12.07% accrued holiday pay (which equates to an additional £37.44 per week).
Our Easter programme will run from the end of March until the middle of April of 2018. The summer programme will be run from the end of June until the middle of August 2018.
Easter; Ardingly College, Sussex, Benenden School, Kent, Christ Hospital, West Sussex, Bradfield College, Reading, Royal Holloway, West London, Oundle School, Peterborough
Summer; Benenden School, Kent, Bradfield College, Reading, Royal Agricultural University, Gloucestershire, University of Brighton – Eastborne Campus, Brighton, Herriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, University of Surrey, Guildford, Greenwich University, London, Goldsmiths University, London, Christ Hospital, Sussex, Royal Holloway, Surrey, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, University of Winchester, Winchester