Undergraduate Placement, Consulting 2018
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
- These eleven-month placements are for students who need to complete a placement as part of their degree. You could sit a selection of professional accounting exams and leave with a graduate job offer to fast track into a second year role upon graduation.
- You'll work alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals on everyday projects. So you'll get a good insight into working life at PwC.
- My Financepartner (MFp) is a new PwC initiative where we will deliver a value added service enabled by a hosted accounting and management information system. Our model is based on best practice in shared services where finance partnering is now a well-established concept.
- The structure is based on a single UK back office, supporting systems and processes and generating accounts and reports. A variety of opportunities exist both in the initial set-up of the solution at customer site and in the production of key deliverables including monthly management reporting packs.
- Our overall objective is to work more collaboratively with our clients by complimenting their finance processes and working with senior management to enable them to run even better businesses.
- Securely hosted accounting software that is user friendly and contains a full suite of management information available in real time.
- A Finance service centre to provide system support to the systems, transactional support and to prepare accounts, analysis and to deliver basic compliance tasks
- A local finance business partner who will work with client's business to interpret the historical information and help them to look forward and plan
- An experienced business adviser. The finance partner will work closely with the client's management team and existing finance/book keeping teams to drive valuable knowledge and insight as well as deliver an independent view
- Supporting the initial set-up of solution at customer sites to include systems implementation, delivery of appropriate training and provision of support for on-boarding data
- Supporting the production of monthly Management Information packs delivered in a variety of methods including interactive MI packs and iPad enabled
- Supporting the management of on-going operational economics through on-going review and communication with the client service team(s)/ My Financepartner senior management
- You'll need to be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject
- You'll need to be on four-year degree programme that features a sandwich placement element
- Outstanding potential takes many forms and academic success is just one measure. That's why we have our 'Outstanding Achievement' entry route - it's an innovative way we're able to support applications from people who may not have met the academic requirements we're looking for, but have excelled in something else.
- By experiencing life inside one of the world's largest professional services organisations, you'll have a fantastic opportunity to build and work on your commercial awareness and interpersonal skills.
- Nothing can beat on-the-job experience for developing your skills - and you'll get plenty of it, both within PwC and on-site with clients - but we'll also steer you in the direction of appropriate training courses to develop you further.
- We'll also be looking to boost your ability to soak up complex business information, as well as your professional confidence - factors which will make a real difference when you return for your last year at university.