Graduate Work placement IT 2018
Your career is just that, yours. You choose it. You live it. You make it happen. To get the best from it, you need the best opportunities. That’s why opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. And we’re proud, based on the opportunity we offer, that students have voted us the number one Graduate Employer in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers survey for the last ten years.
- Experience what it’s like to work in the IT department of the world’s leading professional services network and enjoy the benefits that come with that.
- You will experience working as part of different teams within the IT department as they support the wide-ranging variety of IT services needed by PwC.
- We’ll provide an environment where you’ll be able to explore new opportunities, to help you grow and find your niche.
- Work on real projects, learn about working in an IT department and get exposure to PwC as a business. These eleven month placements will give you the opportunity to gain experience in some of the following teams:
- The Service Delivery group is accountable for the overall business satisfaction with the IT products and services provided, including strategic planning, financial management and project delivery, through to 'business as usual' operations, service performance and improvement initiatives.
- The Projects group is responsible for delivering large and complex IT projects ensuring that: projects are planned, managed/controlled and delivered in line with the expectation of the business; agreed business requirements are understood, documented and realised and that test strategies are created.
- The Technology, Design and Architecture group has three main functions: Delivering architectures and designs on complex IT projects, creating technical research, white papers, prototypes and proof of concepts as part of innovation, and defining technology standards and roadmaps.
- The Operations group, comprising Data Centre Services, Customer Support, Application Support and Voice Services, has one function - to keep infrastructure, applications and services running optimally, to exceed service level targets.
- The Data Intelligence teams' purpose is to help our business leaders answer difficult questions and gain new insight from our firm's data to identify opportunities to grow and maximise profit. To achieve this goal the team is responsible for a range of services from the publication of a suite of standard reports, to supporting end-users conduct self-service analysis using through to the provision of complex predictive analytical models.
- You'll work alongside experienced professionals on everyday activities within the IT department so you’ll get a good insight into working life at PwC.
- Service Delivery. Ensuring that all IT project work is effectively and efficiently managed from inception to delivery, with 1) responsibility for the delivery of smaller projects and 2) working with the Projects team in an oversight capacity for large and complex projects.
- Projects. 1) Working alongside a Project Manager assisting in the delivery of one or more larger projects through maintaining project plans, status update, risks and issues logs. 2) Assisting Business Analysts with the preparation of documentation, requirements analysis and/or the coordination of user acceptance testing. 3) Working with testers overseeing testing from third parties and preparing test strategies.
- Technology, Design and Architecture (TDA). 1) Supporting the IT architect working on complex projects through researching new technologies, and reviewing/writing technical documentation. 2) Developing prototypes and minimum viable products to support innovation.
- Operations. 1) Participating in projects to ensure Operations is ready to support what the project delivers, 2) working alongside suppliers to assess opportunities for CSI (Continuous Service Improvement) and 3) obtaining customer feedback via meetings surveys or other means.
- Data Intelligence. 1)Gain practical experience of data extraction and transformation tools and approaches. 2)Work with business leaders to develop new analytical reports with them using a range of data visualisation and analytical tools.
- We will look to offer you experience across different teams, to give you a broad experience of working in IT. In addition, you will be expected to participate in broader IT department-wide activities such as reverse mentoring senior people within IT and improving how we deliver IT to our business.
- Working in certain teams may offer the opportunity of training as part of the experience.
- To be on course for a 2:1 or above in any degree subject
- It doesn't matter what degree course you're studying, but you must have a good academic record and be able to show how you've used your initiative and team-working skills.
- You must also have a passion for IT and an interest in IT as a future career.
- Equally important will be your intellect, willingness to learn, ability to build relationships, put yourself in others’ shoes, while always making a positive impact with our clients and each other.