Sky Software Developers Graduate Programme (Leeds)
Our Software Engineering teams cover web, mobile and internet TV. They develop key websites such as Sky.com and Sky News, as well as our flagship products like NOW TV and Sky Q. This means you could be working on technology which you’ve used at home, seen advertised on TV and is used by millions of our customers. You’ll also be encouraged to develop skills in a broad range of cutting-edge technologies which will equip you to contribute to our current and future products.
Our graduates on this programme (July 2018) help develop the software that underpins how our products work. You’ll also play a vital role in the technology that improves the way we work internally. Whatever your project, you’ll be making an impact from day one, producing software that fully contributes to our future success.
- On this revolutionary seven-month Developer programme, five weeks’ training will give you a complete grounding in software engineering principles, Java development, test-driven development and continuous build and integration.
- We’ll then support you to work on projects to develop and embed your skills for the next six months. Once the programme ends, you’ll move into a Software Development team on a permanent basis.
- You’ll either have, or be on track to complete, an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- You’ll love all aspects of technology and ideally have some experience in developing software applications.
- You’ll also be familiar with Agile project methodology, and have contributed to or used open source technologies in the past. Being able to pick things up quickly and work well as part of a team will be key.