Google Software Engineer Graduate Roles
Google is not a conventional company, and they don’t intend to become one. True, they share attributes with the world’s most successful organisations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as they continue to grow, they’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, they know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to their success.
- Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another.
- Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search.
- Our products need to handle information at the the scale of the web.
- We're looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day.
- As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves.
- We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
- As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
- Develop Android apps and embedded systems, client application development for Windows/Mac (Chrome, Play Movies, etc.), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers), internationalization.
- Write server and client-side code for web-based applications using AJAX and similar technologies, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Strong object-oriented skills.