Bloomberg Summer Internship 2018 - Info Systems
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose. Come find yours.
- Bloomberg Information Systems is seeking a highly motivated, energetic team player with a passion for all things IT.
- The successful candidate would be working within our Global Operations Service group based in London.
- The service group consists of both desk side technical support analysts and global desktop remote support analysts.
- They provide exceptional customer service and technical support across a huge range of different technologies to all Bloomberg employees.
- Summer interns in this group can expect to be actively working within these teams and may also be involved in any of our ongoing IT projects.
- Strong performers are often given the opportunity to interview for full-time positions.
- A passion for all technology
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows including the ability to carry out basic troubleshooting
- Available to work for 10 weeks from June 2nd – September 7th 2018
- At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
- Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries.
- Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
- Throughout the internship, you will be supported by your line manager, buddy and your recruiter to ensure you receive regular feedback on your work and help navigating the company.
- We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. This is not a pipeline internship. If successful, you will be eligible for a full time position on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Global Data or Analytics & Sales. As this is a pipeline programme for full time hires, we are targeting penultimate year students graduating in 2019.