Bloomberg Summer Internship 2018 - Desktop Build Group
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose. Come find yours.
- In this role you with have the opportunity to be involved in various aspects of the team, from assisting in the development of Excel models for our clients to working on our internal reporting tools, projects which have a direct impact on Bloomberg clients.
- Candidates will get first-hand experience in working in a dynamic, global, fast-paced team and experience how widely used Excel models are created and deployed.
- Working towards a Master's in Finance with an inclination towards technology or a Master's in Computer Science with an inclination to Finance (desirable), or working to a Master's level in a quantitative subject with a strong demonstrable interest in Finance and Computer Science
- Knowledge of Excel (essential)
- Knowledge of VBA (desired) or other computer programming languages and interested in enhancing such a skill set
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and commitment to deadlines
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
- You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries.
- Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
- We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. Please note this is not a pipeline internship; if successful, you will be eligible to apply for a full time position on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Global Data or Analytics & Sales.