Bloomberg Summer Internship 2018 - Bloomberg Intelligence
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose. Come find yours.
- During the internship you'll help conduct industry and company research.
- Your internship starts with an orientation that introduces you to our culture and the Bloomberg Terminal. Then, over the summer, you'll collaborate on exciting projects that contribute to the work of our full-time Research Analysts.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Analyse data as part of your day to day activities
- Generate a constant flow of research ideas relating to top-down, bottom-up, and credit research
- Design and maintain functional dashboards on the Bloomberg Terminal, using the most relevant and accurate data
- Develop and manage relationships with internal departments and external market professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Work closely with your line manager who will provide you with insight into the Bloomberg culture and environment, and constructive ongoing feedback.
- Participate in community service projects and other intern events
- Join our online learning network for continuing education
- You have an analytical mind, and seeing your work published on the Terminal will keep you motivated.
- You’re not afraid to bring a quantitative perspective to the table (you probably aced math class) and you just get the ins and outs of finance.
- You’re excited to know that industry professionals will look to your research and your knowledge when making decisions, so you understand the importance of keeping your voice creative and interesting
- Working towards a degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with a concentration in finance. Candidates with backgrounds in financials, auto-engineering, energy, consumer and pharmaceuticals industries are encouraged to apply.
- Are in full time education, preferably in the penultimate year of study
- Understanding and/or prior experience in the financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Comfortable manipulating data and confident working with pivot tables
- Commitment to extracurricular activities in addition to academic studies
- Business fluency in English plus one additional language, particularly Russian or Spanish
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- If successful, you may be considered for a full time position in Bloomberg Intelligence dependent on our headcount availability.
- Alternatively, you will be eligible for a full time position on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Global Data or Analytics & Sales.
- We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. This is not a pipeline internship.