Bloomberg Spring Insight Week 2018
Are you passionate about the financial markets and what drives them? Are you motivated to explore a career in a dynamic and creative environment? Join us in our brand new European Headquarters for our Spring Insight Week to discover who we are and the diverse career opportunities we provide.
- Suitable for current university students with 2 years remaining to complete their education (ie. graduating in 2020), this 5-day program will immerse you in all things Bloomberg.
- The focus will be on our Global Data, Analytics and Sales departments but you will be exposed to an array of topics.
- Think of anything from financial instruments and Terminal functionality to leadership, CV-writing and networking skills.
- Be a current university student and have two years remaining of your degree
- Be fluent in another European language (or Mandarin, Japanese or Korean), in addition to English
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in finance
- Be available to attend for the duration of the programme.
- A strong interest in the worlds of finance, data or technology
- A desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills including an advanced level of Excel
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
You will learn from some of the best instructors in the industry and learn how to apply this knowledge in a practical, fast-paced business environment.
After attending the Insight Programme, you will come away with a comprehensive understanding of what we do and the opportunities available to you. You'll also have the chance to interview for a space on our 2019 summer internship programme!
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx