Education Support Worker to a disability charity
Sense is a national disability charity that supports people with complex communication needs to be understood, connected and valued. We're looking for a reliable and motivated person to join our professional team of Education Support Workers at our College in Sense College Rothwell. This opportunity is to work 14 hours per week on a fixed term contract ending July 2018.
- The successful applicant will work with people who have dual or single sensory impairment, learning disability and / or autism.
- The role involves providing a person centred approach to meet communication, information and mobility needs through the development of learning plans to reduce the isolation of people through community involvement and support in a range of activities.
- As an Education Support Worker you will support people to be as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be full and active members of society.
- You will work closely with learners to achieve the long term goals identified in their Individual Learning Plans.
- Supporting people with their personal care is a requirement of this role.
- Previous experience of working with people who have a sensory impairment, autism or learning disability would be an advantage, as would knowledge of BSL, Makaton or other methods of communication however, training will be provided.
- It is essential that you are able to work effectively as part of a team whilst demonstrating your own initiative.
- You will have had experience of person centred planning, keeping records up to date and providing personal care.
- GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths is an essential requirement for this role.
- Sense Centre Rothwell is located on the A14 between Rothwell and Kettering. The centre is not located on a public transport route, so applicants must have alternative means of travel.
- Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
- In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.