Investment Services Administrator
Old Mutual Wealth is a leading wealth management business in the UK and internationally, helping to create prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow.
It has an adviser and customer offering spanning:
- Financial advice delivered by the Intrinsic network in the UK and AAM Advisory in Singapore
- Platform based wealth management and protection products delivered by Old Mutual Wealth in the UK and Old Mutual International globally
- Asset management solutions delivered by Old Mutual Global Investors
- Discretionary investment management delivered by Quilter Cheviot.
Old Mutual Wealth oversees £123.5 billion in customer investments (as at 31 December 2016).
Old Mutual Wealth is part of Old Mutual plc a FTSE 100 group that provides life assurance, asset management, banking and general insurance. Old Mutual is trusted by more than 19.4 million customers across the world and has a total of £394.9 billion of assets under management (as at 31 December 2016).
- The Investment Services department provides a first class Fund Administration service to Old Mutual Wealth UK Business Units and other Old Mutual Wealth Group Customers.
- The department currently operates 7 Fund platforms with Funds Under Management of approximately £127.3bn (as at 30 Jun 2017)
- The job holder will be working as part of a team and will have responsibility which may include control of day to day administration processes, risk management, query resolution, staff support, continual improvement and maintenance of customer and supplier relationships.
- The job holder will be expected to act in line with departmental and corporate procedures, policies and service standards.
- Technical competence in all aspects of own function and appreciation of other Investment and Client Services Functions.
- To include an awareness of Industry best practice in own function and a comprehension of current industry initiatives.
- Take ownership for the delivery of operational processes in accordance with the agreed procedures and service standards. Demonstrating an awareness of cross function and customer impacts.
- Contributing to query resolution for own function, being accountable for service provided and timely communication.
- Competent in the use of Investment and Corporate systems relevant to own role and awareness of all Old Mutual Wealth Investment systems and contingency practices.
- Good understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) within functional area and detailed knowledge of control points or mechanisms, supporting the department’s commitment to a strong 1st line of defence.
- Demonstrating awareness of FCA regulations relating to Investment Services functions. (e.g. Training & Competence)
- Contributing to the escalation of issues and risk events, developing recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Understanding of team’s exceptional and contingency practices, assisting with regular reviews to ensure no compromise to standards.
- Contributing to root cause analysis work to establish trends, identify process 2 improvement ideas and mitigate risk.
- Supporting the OMW customer principles by escalating any issues identified through day-to-day work which might result in customer detriment or treating customers unfairly.
- Ensure local adherence to TCF principles through the application of the department TCF policy and related procedures.
- Responsible for undertaking corporate training packages to ensure own knowledge is up to date with reference to anti-money laundering, Financial Crime rules, FCI etc. Ensuring all reporting is completed in line with company guidelines.
- Understanding the teams Business Continuity (BCP) plans, corporate levels of disaster and critical staff.
- Supporting own team in testing or during an incident.
- Supporting, training and coaching staff members across the department.
- Taking responsibility for maintaining training material.
- Responsible for providing overviews to colleagues or external parties as requested by line manager.
- Effective prioritisation of own workload to optimise service standards.
- Demonstrating an understanding of customers’ needs and expected team service as defined within service level agreements.
- Knowledge of team KPI’s and service standards.
- Able to report on team’s monthly service and delivering action plans for recommended service improvements, giving consideration to cross team impacts.
- Understanding of Old Mutual Wealth’s Vision and appreciation of departmental goals.
- Champion and embrace a culture of customer service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Take responsibility for own personal development, actively identifying new areas of learning via newly gained knowledge and skills on the job.
- Leading development discussions with line manager.
- You may, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature in other teams or departments that fall within your capabilities as requested by your line manager.
- Demonstrating an awareness of and adherence to relevant Risk and Control processes associated with an Investment Services department.
- FCA TCF guidelines considered for all decision making, ensuring the business remains TCF compliant
- Client Money regulations understood, processes & controls support adherence to regulation and mitigate risk of breach
- The job holder is expected to conduct the role in line with OM Wealth’s values and competencies.
- Some examples of expected behaviours are listed below, although this list in not exclusive.
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators
- Collaborate with peers across the Organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture Strive for continuous improvement
- Lead by example
- Demonstrate an ability to innovate
- 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above to include Math and English and/or NVQ Level 1 – or equivalent
- Educated to degree level (Desirable)
- IAQ qualified or part qualified or CF1 (or equivalent industry qualification). (Desirable)
- Knowledge of MS Office products, in particular MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of FCA Regulatory impacts and reporting requirements.
- Aptitude for, and experience of, solving complex numerical problems.
- Previous investment services experience within a financial services environment. (Desirable)
- Awareness of processes within Investment Services. (Desirable)