Junior Java Developer
ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. Behind every famous face, there are hundreds of others, all doing their bit to make things happen. We love telly, we’re passionate about content and most importantly we understand our audiences. As a growing international company, we’re commercially minded and have a global focus. We’re all about pushing the boundaries and being innovative.
We are always looking for great Junior Java Developers across technology to align with our modernisation plan spanning the next few years.
We are growing cross-functional engineering teams across the Content Delivery, Air Time Sales, Scheduling and Online Services. This is due to a huge shift to ensure Technology is at the heart of the business here at ITV, using smart Technology to drive the Broadcasting & Services Supporting.
- Commercial experience is not necessary, but we are looking for knowledge of Java as your key language, or a degree in Computer Science with the enthusiasm to learn Java
- If you are keen on looking beyond pure programming and getting involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build that’s great
- We’re also looking for somebody embraces the benefits of pairing with other developers, communicating with our end users and working in an agile environment
- When looking for Junior Java Developer we are always keen to see experience or exposures to below:
- Computer Science Degree
- A keenness to work in a Java environment
- Not concerned with specific technologies
- Good understanding of computer science, intelligence
- Team player
- Enthusiasm to learn and training will be provided
- Passionate about the latest technology
- Our people are our greatest asset and, as an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to work both in front of and behind the cameras.