Education Bookings Support Officer
Parliament's Education Service aims to inform, engage and empower young people in the work of Parliament, politics and democracy. It provides resources and support for students and teachers to increase their knowledge and understanding of the role, work and history of Parliament, and supports MPs and Peers in their work with young people. It also manages Parliament's Tours Office - in which this post sits - which administers Member-sponsored tours of the Palace of Westminster (for schools and other members of the public).
- Your main responsibility will be to provide administrative support to the Education Service, part of the Participation Team.
- This could involve communicating with teachers and Members of Parliament, taking and processing bookings, maintaining accurate data, answering telephone and email queries and supporting the Office Manager in the delivery of broader team support services including (but not limited to) minute taking in meetings, managing room bookings and maintaining office supplies.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Works effectively and co-operatively within a team, with a commitment to upholding the values of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Provides excellent customer service to colleagues and external contacts (both in person and on the telephone), responding positively to changing requirements
- Annual leave starting at 28 days pro rata
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym