Communications & Engagement Executive
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a bright, energetic individual to join our Marketing & Communications team at Southampton Airport.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining public relations, internal and external communications, social media and marketing events at Southampton Airport.
This role’s priority is to promote key marketing campaigns for the airport, its routes and airlines through the external channels outlined. Overall this person will be responsible for managing the reputation of the airport across all the above channels.
- Develop and manage media strategy
- Build awareness of the airport, its airlines and routes through writing and distributing regular press releases, new stories, and editorial pieces in regional and trade press in line with airport marketing campaigns
- Build effective relationships with regional, national and travel trade news organisations
- Respond to all media enquiries including writing reactive statements and accommodating broadcast requests
- Monitor reputation of airport and its profile through media and news stories, and be the main point of contact for all press
- Monitor the media landscape for proactive opportunities to enhance the reputation of the airport
- Write and manage a rolling six monthly communications plan for the airport
- Manage relationship with external agency to deliver the airport’s quarterly magazine, including an editorial outline for each issue, creating content, editing and developing the magazine.
- Work with distributers to ensure coverage throughout key target markets
- Develop new opportunities and partnerships to increase distribution of magazine
- Manage social media strategy to promote airport routes and airlines in line with the airport’s marketing plan
- Develop current social media sites to maximise opportunities and developments
- Manage the blog ensuring regular post are created and shared through all channels
- Content creation for all social channels
- Keeping up to date with the latest social media developments to utilise any new and relevant platforms
- Communicate positive, newsworthy airport stories (e.g. community engagement days).
- Manage all internal communications for airport, partners and stakeholders, ensuring all communications are distributed as effectively as possible.
- Creating and distributing the monthly airport update to staff
- Updating the News section of the hub
- Promote all internal events, successes, results and news
- Manage and maintain the crisis communications plan, ensuring it is always up to date and distributed throughout airport to key people
- Work alongside marketing team to manage all crisis communications and work with relevant agencies and airlines in the event of an airport or airline incident
- Cover on call on a rota basis to be agreed beforehand
- Manage all new route and airline events alongside marketing launch plan
- Manage all relevant internal events and celebrations for the airport (eg 2m passenger event)
- Manage all airport photography including press launches
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the Charity of the Year relationship including organisation and marketing of all events as well as the selection process to find the charity
- Ensuring all PR opportunities are maximised
- Evaluation of all campaigns for marketing manager to present back to the leadership team
- Responsible for evaluating and managing all filming requests
- Maximise income for the airport from commercial filming
- Accommodate filming which promotes the airport in a positive light
- Ensure the reputation of the airport is protected
- Responsible for personal and, if applicable, team compliance with Health and Safety, Security and Environment/Sustainable Development Policies, ensuring working practices minimise risks to self, work colleagues, customers, staff and the environment
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to this job
- To ensure that the activities required by management systems connected with safety, security, environment and sustainable development are delivered throughout the areas of responsibility of this job
- To ensure that all systems and procedures introduced by the company are effectively implemented and adhered to
- To participate in projects and working parties and to carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for the purpose of personal development, or as may be reasonably required by the company.
- Educated to Experience working with local press and the media.
- a degree level or equivalent experience.
- Good working knowledge of social media platforms for business.
- Excellent writing skills – press and editorial.
- Experience of producing marketing material including production of magazines.
- Flexible, adaptable, and enthusiastic team player
- Proven organisational skills
- Experience working with local press and the media. (Desirable)
- Very creative. (Desirable)
- Experience of blogging and managing blogs. (Desirable)