Graduate Project Manager
HBS Group Southern is an established provider of mechanical, electrical and renewable services, delivering quality and professional expertise across all business sectors throughout the UK.
Our teams of industry experts supply a range of consultancy, design, installation and maintenance solutions to the UK’s leading housebuilders, contractors, blue-chip companies and local authorities, managing projects from concept through to completion.
As a family-owned company that has been operating since 1950, we have built an assured reputation for delivering quality, value, reliability and operational excellence.
We’re looking to recruit a high-calibre Graduate Project Manager to join the Group’s fast moving renewable division. HBS New Energies specialise in the design, supply, installation and maintenance of renewable technologies and battery storage systems. As one of the UK’s leading independent installers of Solar PV to the construction industry, the division has earned a strong reputation for its renewable expertise and innovative engineering solutions.
- Within the Graduate Project Manager role, you’ll have the chance to work on a diverse range of cutting edge construction projects, surrounded by industry-leading experts.
- This will provide the opportunity to fulfill your career goals while being part of an established family owned company.
- The successful applicant will receive mentorship, first-class training and guidance, to help develop technical and leadership skills as you advance within this exciting Project Manager position.
- You will play a pivotal role in the delivery of our development pipeline, gaining a wide range of experiences supporting projects at every stage, from design conception, throughout the planning process, construction and client handover.
- You’ll be ensuring that designated projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
- Day-to-day assistance to Senior Project Managers in the delivery of projects
- Procure electrical equipment and support for the procurement and appointment for subcontractors
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations
- Assist in proposal preparation and tender submission procedures
- Coordinate the Design Team
- Prepare and manage project execution plans, organisation charts and status reports
- Produce administration documentation such as requests for information, contract instructions
- Work closely and effectively with clients and internal project teams
- Provide technical advisory services to clients during the development & construction process
- Operate and promote a high standard of health, safety and environmental compliance
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to Project Management
- Have a Project Management, Construction Management, or related construction degree
- Industrial placement year completed in project management is preferred but not essential
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to read and understand specifications and surveys
- Effective time & task management and leadership skills
- Excellent organisation and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to use initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Proficient in CAD. Software experience in AutoCAD (full or LT) is preferred
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail, must be able to demonstrate accurate report writing
- Energetic and self-motivated, you must be a team player with a flexible approach
- Proficient in Gantt chart programming
- Advanced in Microsoft Office
- General interest in sustainable construction methods and renewable energy is preferred
As your Graduate programme progresses and you gain more knowledge and experience you will be given increased responsibility in the design and delivery of projects, supervision of the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
At HBS we have a saying: “A job does not define an individual, the individual defines the job”
In essence the more you can do, the more we at HBS can give.
HBS Group Southern is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.