Production Assistant Solent Productions
With a strong track record of innovation and creativity, Southampton Solent University has grown to become one of the country’s leading new universities with strong local roots as well as a renowned international reputation.
Now, with a bold and ambitious five-year strategy in place, we aim to build on these achievements as we meet the needs of students and employers within a rapidly changing higher education arena.
Solent Productions is Solent University's centre for real-world learning in media production. We produce a range of projects for flagship clients such as Sony, the NHS and Glastonbury. To expand the team we are looking for a Production Assistant to support the range of diverse content; from music festivals to promotional videos. If you have experience of organising a range of media productions and can handle a fast-paced working environment which varies from day-to-day, then please get in touch.
- Contribute to team objectives and inspire and motivate others (especially students and interns) and be able to work with limited direct supervision
- Work closely with the immediate team at Solent Productions as well as maintaining strong connections with students across the University and academic and support staff in key positions.
- Make independent decisions regarding video production projects as required.
- Work closely with others to collaborate and agree on the best collective approach to production and logistical challenges.
- Attention to detail as appropriate for the media industry.
- Plan and prioritise work to achieve agreed objectives in the execution of video productions, in their planning, organisation, and delivery.
- Solve day to day problems in developing and producing video and media content and being able to identify and solve or seek solutions to operational and creative challenges as they arise.
- Keep up to date with new technology, production methods and new content approaches and trends and present ideas to management.
- Demonstrate skills to students and others less experienced in video and media production.
- Be prepared to work unsocial hours as necessary.
- Demonstrate the University’s values of respect, ownership, integrity, engagement, inclusivity and teamwork. (i.e flexibility in working occasional evening and weekends, supporting on and off campus activities)
- Ensuring accurate input of data into university systems including the appropriate handling of data in accordance with established University policies and procedures to safeguard the integrity of data.
- Educated to degree level attaining 2.1 or above in a relevant discipline
- Development, production and post production of video content for a range of platforms
- Key software, sound and camera technologies, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects audio recording devices and DSLR’s, Panasonic video cameras.
- Microsoft Office and Mac word processing and spreadsheet software
- Producing video and media content and experience of delivering live briefs to clients.
- Editing and shooting skills essential
- Production management and planning media projects essential