Business Development Analyst - Transport (KTP Associate with Surrey County Council)
Are you a graduate looking for a fast-track opportunity that could be pivotal in setting up a transport consultancy arm for Surrey County Council?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate with an entrepreneurial flair who has a good understanding of both business modelling and business analytics. You will have the confidence to manage and lead a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project, in collaboration with Surrey County Council and the University of Surrey, funded by Innovate UK. To be successful in this role, it is also essential for you to have a good understanding of the KTP programme and the council.
There is a growing agenda around new transport delivery models and exploring innovative ways to generate income. Surrey County Council is looking for delivery solutions which serve residents’ needs and help to secure strong economic growth in Surrey, by mobilising the workforce and by increasing Bus operator profitability and boosting the wider local economy. With a strong market awareness, understanding of cost, price and commercial structures, the KTP aims to provide Surrey County Council with a commercial consultancy arm to help shape and develop this agenda.
- Key deliverables of this project will be; an analysis of the financial impact of local bus services in Surrey, innovative forecasting tools to predict the impact of changes to the bus network, and an understanding of the needs of potential bus users to promote increased bus usage across the county.
- You will be responsible for facilitating and driving change, with the ultimate goal of helping to establish a consultancy entity. As a result, you will see the outputs of your work implemented to deliver real business improvements.
- As a KTP Associate, you will be supported by various stakeholders, benefitting from business-based training, career development, including the opportunity to gain a Level 5 CMI qualification. You will be based at Surrey County Council within its Modelling Team, deepening your industry knowledge by working alongside top researchers as well as accessing state-of-the-art research tools to successfully deliver your KTP project.
- To be considered for this position, you will have proven knowledge of GIS processing (QGIS, ArcGIS); Programming skills (preferably R, or experience in Python, Matlab, C# VBA or Java); and Database experience (SQL, knowledge of aggregations and procedural SQL).
- You will hold a Master’s degree in either Business Analytics; Operational Research; Management Science; Physics; Mathematics; Decision Science; Computer Science; Economics; or any a related field. Whilst not essential, experience of working on research projects in a corporate setting would be advantageous.
- 24 days leave plus public holidays per annum
- Flexible working hours
- Potential for a permanent job at the end of the KTP
- Pension, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Season ticket loans
- Access to a wide range of courses offered by their Learning & Development programme
- Reduced membership fee for Surrey Sports Park
- Generous training budget
- Access to academic support and facilities
- Opportunity to gain professional qualifications