International Graduate Programme 2018
At Berenberg we believe talented people are the key to our success. Consequently, we are looking to hire 30 outstanding graduates into our 15 month rotational training programme. Our meritocratic environment is renowned in the market for facilitating rapid career advancement for our employees. This culture extends to our International Graduate Programme, where recent graduates gain significant business exposure, comprehensive training and international work opportunities.
- You and your fellow graduates will initially be based in our London office to participate in a 6 week Induction, designed to help you prepare for your career at Berenberg.
- Following this, you will be required to complete core rotations in the main business areas; Wealth & Asset Management, Investment Banking and Corporate Banking.
- These core placements will serve you well throughout your career by providing you with a complete understanding of how the Bank operates, whilst simultaneously developing the fundamental skills required to succeed.
- The programme then gives you the opportunity to manage the direction of your career by opting to follow one of two training streams: Financial Markets or Bank Management.
- Graduates who opt to follow the Financial Markets stream will focus on the front office division of Berenberg. You will have the opportunity to select rotations within divisions such as: Equity Research, Sales, Trading/Sales Trading, Corporate Finance, Corporate Banking, Wealth Management, Portfolio Management (Asset Management)
- The Bank Management stream is designed for graduates that are more interested in learning about the day-to-day operations of the Bank. Graduates opting to follow the Bank Management stream will gain deeper insights into the main functionalities of central bank management, during rotations in areas such as: Controlling and Risk Controlling, Internal Audit, Credit Risk Management, Compliance
- You will be asked to indicate your preferred stream when submitting your application.
- The programme will be demanding yet rewarding, since you will gain the rare opportunity to experience working within many key areas of the Bank, before you join one of the divisions permanently.
- Throughout the programme you will be encouraged to continually further your personal development, through the exchange of ideas with your mentor or manager during detailed feedback discussions. Additionally, the Bank will support you to access tailored training courses, workshops and client networking events to develop your skills and experience. If applicable to your role, you will also be supported to achieve CFA Charterholder status.
- The ideal candidate will be inquisitive, driven and presentable, with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- You will be able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining strong organisational skills and excellent levels of accuracy. Additionally, you will be driven to succeed and possess both a commercial and entrepreneurial instinct.
- You will be educated to degree level or above (in any degree discipline) and will have attained or will be expecting at least a 2.1 or equivalent from a leading university.
- Fluent English is essential and fluency in additional languages (especially German) would be a significant advantage. Candidates should be eligible to work in the UK on a full time basis.