Tudor House Customer Service Volunteer
This role is a chance to be part of an exciting new period at the Tudor House site. This role would suit anyone looking for experience in sectors including arts and heritage, customer service, events, and venue management. There will also be opportunities to work in education. You will become a key member of the front-of-house team that provides customer service at Tudor House and Garden and/or Southampton City Art Gallery. You will work to ensure public and staff health and safety at all times (including assisting with fire evacuation) and to protect our collections and buildings of historical and cultural interest. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to make a regular commitment (e.g. one half day per week or fortnight) to our site, and in return we will offer full training and experience in a range of areas.
- To provide a welcoming and safe environment for a diverse audience, helping ensure the venues are clean and well-presented.
- To invigilate collections and public areas of Tudor House & Garden/Southampton City Art Gallery.
- To be a source of information and advice for visitors and to help with the collation and upkeep of information packs for all front-of house staff across venues, containing general tourism information, history of the venues and details of current/ forthcoming exhibits and events.
- To record data about visitor numbers and statistics.
- To implement emergency evacuation procedures, and other health and safety procedures as required to ensure a safe working environment for public, volunteers and staff.
- Engaging with members of the public in a cheerful and enthusiastic fashion.
- Liaising with Arts and Heritage members of staff as to the specific nature of daily tasks.
- To sell and upsell tickets and merchandise, handle cash, and use tills as appropriate
- To dress according to venue dress code
- To make visitors aware of any health and safety hazards.
- To attend training in fire evacuation and play an active role in fire evacuation procedures.
- To attend other training (for example, in health and safety) as and when necessary.