Fleet Engineering Intern
- A successful candidate will gain experience working with knowledgeable marine engineers and technicians, both within the office and on-board the vessels (through exposure to annual drydocks and onboard projects throughout the year). This experience will provide a good foundation for any candidate interested in pursuing a career as an Engineer and/or within the marine industry.
- Students aren’t taken on as an extra resource, the successful candidate will become an active member of the fleet and asset team. The role will involve working closely with engineers to complete projects and monitoring and analysing our assets using current data. The work is interesting, relevant to studies in the marine/engineering fields and will help to give you a greater understanding of the industry.
- A key responsibility of the role will be the requirement to communicate with external contractors as well as other departments within the company, promoting effective and timely communication and teamwork.
- There will be a mixture of office based analyst work, project work, sailings on the vessels and visits to the dry dock. A UK driving license and car are a must.
- A predicted 2:1 degree (minimum) in either a BEng, MEng or MSc Mechanical/ Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture / Marine Technology
- The placement offered is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to gain experience in both the marine industry and the engineering field.
What do you need to do to apply?
First Stage: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a detailed job description.
Second Stage: Send us your CV and a covering letter (by post or email) outlining why you would like this opportunity and what you could bring to the role.
Third Stage: If successful, a company visit will be arranged followed by an interview with members of the Fleet and Asset department.