Designer: Performance Sportswear
Spinlock is an innovative multi-award winning global company with the enviable reputation as the design leader in technical wearable equipment for the marine industry.
An opportunity has arisen for a wide ranging role as a lead product designer focusing on the progression of the Spinlock ‘Deckware’ range with a focus on innovation and structural soft goods design. We need a hands on designer, experienced in complex constructions and materials with a keen eye for product aesthetics. Practical skills to develop early prototype samples, and experience of working directly with external suppliers are also key.
- You will be working as part of a small team under the direction of the Design Manager and Product Manager. The Design Team is based at our unique head office in Cowes, in an enviable position overlooking the Solent and will require regular overseas travel.
- The Island is renowned for its watersports, beaches, countryside and good transport links make easy access to the south coast.
- Experience of bringing technical products to market is essential with a keen eye for detail and design aesthetics.
- Organisational skills are key for effective communication between Far East and internally.
- A ‘can-do’ positive attitude is important and you must demonstrate experience of dealing with the interaction between designers and the tight deadlines required by production and sales.
- Knowledge of technical fabrics are essential.
- Management of the sampling process from prototypes through to final samples.
- Experience of running QC procedures.
- Being able to critically review development samples for construction, assembly, cost and performance against defined targets.
- A high level of competency in sketching and 3D CAD (ideally SolidWorks) with photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are essential.
- Ideally you will have experience of working with apparel/bags/shoes and have an active interest in watersports.