Graduate Quantity Surveyor
As a Graduate QS you will initially support the Commercial Team as detailed below. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and progress your career in this fast growing and exciting industry.
- Assist with estimating project values at different stages of the project, from concept design up to fixed price tenders including assisting with overall contractors’ proposals etc.
- Help with formulating tender lists and assist in compiling tender documentation along with the rest of the design and project team.
- Assist with procuring and placing sub-contract and supply orders in line with terms and conditions for the project.
- Provide assistance with assessing overall project expenditure, including evaluating sub-contractors’ variations.
- Help compiling project valuations including assessing sub-contractors’ assessments before payments are made.
- Attend design review meetings to assess any cost implications and help in ensuring orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Assist with monitoring order placement ensuring correct documentation are received from sub-contractors i.e. insurances details, warranties and sign contracts.
- Cost reporting/cost control of internal resource and external sub-contractor, supplier and consultants to assess overall profitability of the project.
- Support in compiling final account with client and assessing sub-contractors final accounts.
- An appropriate level of qualification. e.g. a degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent, BTEC in Construction etc.
- Ability to understand contractual requirements with good mathematical, administrative and analytical skills.
- To communicate effectively and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Flexible approach, team player, driven with self-motivated attitude, and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence.