Support Workers Residential and Supported Living
We need more members for an expanding committed and creative team.
We have fantastic opportunities for Full Time & Part Time Support Workers to play a key part in assisting the adults we support within the community and in residential settings including our new Supported Living Service in Gosport. Our support is delivered in ways that promote and empower individuals to develop life skills that enable greater independence and personal choice.
- Your approach will be person-centred with the ability to calmly manage challenging situations, demonstrate empathy with others and adapt easily to change.
- The shift rota pattern will include early mornings, evenings, and weekends, sleep ins and bank holidays.
- Due to the physical and vulnerable nature of the people we serve, and the need to support individuals safely, this role can be both physically and emotionally demanding.
- However we consider that the enormous rewards and satisfaction of supporting people to achieve their goals outweigh such demands.
- Experience of autism, learning disabilities, non-verbal communication and working with challenging behaviours is desirable; however we provide a superb comprehensive mandatory training programme to all staff which supports their knowledge and development of essential skills to do a good job
- Create opportunities for others
- Challenge perceptions of Autism
- Give enhanced choice for people
- Work close to home with a short commute
- 52 weeks per year - Full and Part Time hours available
- Up to 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Extensive Induction Programme and specialist Training
- Continuous Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Programme