2 days left
- Full Time
Do you have a BSc (2:1) or a higher degree from UK University in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering? Do you have experience working as a Software Engineer? Do you have ha drivers licence? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly experienced team of people.
- A current UK passport is essential.
- Software design.
- Software documentation.
- Software testing, verification and validation.
- Support to electronic engineers.
- Maintenance & enhancement of existing software.
- Minimum 2:1 BSc in Computer Science or Embedded Electronic Engineering, or similar.
- Solid hands-on coding skills in C/C ++ for embedded products.
- Windows GUI development with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Python development.
- Firmware and software generation and maintenance from initial concept through to delivery, fully tested and documented.
- Understanding of sensor interfaces and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to read and understand schematics of basic electronics.
- FPGA Development (Verilog).
- Experience with Raspberry Pi or similar embedded Linux platforms.
- Understanding of Communications Protocols preferred (TCP/IP), Serial, USB, etc.
- Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscope, DVM, etc.
- Ability to work in a cohesive small engineering team environment.
- Proven commercial experience and an understanding of the full product development lifecycle.
- Previous experience in instrument development.
- Candidate would be expected to provide occasional off-shore / off-site support as required including some overseas travel.
- C/C ++ for Windows and embedded microprocessors.
- Python scripting, C# and Java development.
- VHDL, Verilog & FPGA Development.
- Software Coding standards and the software development lifecycle.
- Good written and presentational communication skills will be required.
- Candidates with a BSc (2:1) or a higher degree from UK University in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering.
- Drivers Licence as there is some travel that would be involved with the role.
- Candidates MUST be suitable for SC security clearance with UK MOD.