Graduate Strategy Analyst, National Grid Ventures
National Grid Ventures (NGV) is a newly formed global part of National Grid. In the UK it includes the non-regulated parts of the business, alongside Business Development and Group Strategy.
The Graduate will have an opportunity to support the UK in its high-priority strategic areas for the regulated business. The primary accountability will be to develop strategic analysis to underpin these initiatives.
Within the Strategy teams, the graduate will enjoy exposure to the National Grid Executive, NGV Executive, UK Executive, and senior leadership teams. You will become part of a high calibre team, with excellent opportunities to develop your career.
- This is an 18 month programme, consisting of three 6 month rotational placements.
- This role will be based in London for the first 6 months,however the location for the rest of the programme will be decided upon commencement of the programme.
- The end location will be the same as the first placement location.
- Quickly and effectively building a detailed understanding of market developments, technologies, operational best practices, benchmarks and other opportunities.
- Developing and interrogating a wide range of internal and external sources to support and progress the analysis.
- Undertaking qualitative & quantitative research to support decision making including both developing innovative but practical approaches and delivering high quality execution.
- Developing business cases supported by robust financial analysis.
- Helping to shape the strategic agenda by developing compelling arguments and translating these into high quality dialogues with the business.
- Developing high quality board & executive level communications.
- Develop relationships and influence at every level of the organisation, and to carefully challenge established thinking.
- Playing a key role in cross-functional project teams.
- Achieved (or predicted) a 2:2 degree classification or above in any subject.
- To gain an appreciation of how the National Grid regulated & non-regulated business units operate.
- Gain exceptional exposure to Senior Leadership teams.
- Develop strategic problem-solving, communication & commercial analytical skills.
- Exceptional opportunities to learn from working within a high-calibre team.