PA with Marketing Bias
The role is essentially a PA role for a small working estate in the New Forest, providing assistance for the lead (Peter Bonham Christie) and his partner. On the property is a small company called Straight Eight Engineering, and two shepherds huts which are rented out through Airbnb. PBC also owns another company – Straight Eight Logistics – based in Ampress Park which runs an office with a small team, with whom you will work closely.
Straight Eight Engineering designs and manufactures washing machines for cleaning marquees. It is a niche business that PBC knows incredibly well. The aim is to market, sell and build 4-5 machines a year, as well as refurbish older machines with newer technologies and sell these too. S8E will participating in the Showmans Show in October, this is the largest event for the outdoor event and service industry – S8E will be showcasing their new S8E5000 model.
The Shepherds Huts are regularly booked throughout the year on a minimum of 2 night stays. Part of the role will be to respond to enquiries and bookings through the Airbnb app, and manage all activities including cleaning and set up, (with household staff), stock control, ordering, maintenance job list (with the gardener).
Straight Eight Logistics is a high end logistics company providing covered transport for luxury and classic cars around UK, Europe and aboard. They are regarded as the best in the business and pride themselves for bespoke service and attention to detail.
- Maintain website – using wordpress
- Work with external digital marketing agency to in house manage SEO, FB and Google digital marketing campaigns
- Work with suppliers to create videos, website updates
- Social media – FB, Twitter, LinkedIn; Writing blog pieces
- Mass mail outs & e-shots (both hard and digital to customer database – through salesforce)
- Organising the Showmans show (event management experience an advantage)
- Coordinating and leading sales campaigns via telephone, creating & following up on leads.
- Working with the S8L team to provide support in digital marketing activities (SEO, social media & google campaigns) to raise brand visibility and generate leads.
- Maintain inventory, order parts for the build of the washing machines
- Reconcile invoices and arrange payment for suppliers
- Manage accounts (knowledge of Sage an advantage)
- Travel arrangements for PBC
- Diary management for PBC
- Ad hoc tasks
- Manage the two cleaners (one for the house, the other for the huts) – rostas, standards, and accountability for hours.
- Ensure that the maintenance job lists for the house and huts are completed (with the gardener)
- Arrange for quotes and schedule works with external suppliers (fencing, upholsters etc)
- Manage all bookings for the huts through Airbnb – respond to enquiries, send out booking info through the App in a timely manner (important to keep up excellent ratings)
- Work with cleaners to ensure high standards for huts and guest check in – update the checklist.
- Manage inventory, stock control and purchase of consumables and amenities for the Huts.
- Experience of CRM systems an advantage
- This role is varied and would suit someone who is a self starter, can manage their own time and resources as you will be given direction but will be mostly autonomous.
- Looking for someone organised, efficient and motivated.
- You will need to be good at managing people / staff.
- A background or prior experience in marketing would be an advantage, as a significant part of the role would be to encourage brand awareness and sales through social media channels, newsletters, events (Showmans Show), and mass mail outs.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages is required, plus Wordpress, Salesforce and Sage.
- The role is based between the office within the household, and PBC’s other business for which there is an office in Lymington. Ideal for someone who lives local to the Lymington area.
Applicants to supply a CV with covering letter detailing how they would be suitable for the role.
Email to email@example.com