Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology - Operational Analysis & Systems Engineering Graduate
Our aerospace, defence, security and technology (ADST) team works on all kinds of ground breaking projects from submarines to aircraft to Cyber Security.
Join our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) team and you’ll work with the finest minds on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time. Specifically as a member of the Technology, Services & Solutions practice you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects in the following domain areas: UK Defence Equipment and Infrastructure Programmes, Cyber Security, Digital Transformation Programmes, Aerospace
- You’ll learn to become a future business leader as part of one of our teams based in either Aldershot or Bristol
- Systems Engineering: Aldershot, Bristol – You’ll join us as a Systems Engineer, working closely with our clients to ensure they fully and correctly capture and articulate their business needs. You will look at the captured requirements and assess how they can be validated and tested; develop Systems Engineering Architectures in Model based Systems Engineering software tools through the analysis of the types of activities and operations the system performs and the behaviours it exhibits. Your work will help our clients to execute successful projects in which the outcome will be exactly that desired.
- Operational Research & Decision Support: Aldershot, Bristol – You'll join us as an analyst, helping to advise our clients on key decisions. You'll be using quantitative modelling and analysis techniques to create innovative solutions to complex business problems. You could be involved in evaluating the operational impact of alternative technologies for military communications, modelling improvements to airport security or analysing the most cost effective way to sustain the UK strategic deterrent. Your work will help our clients to optimise their operations and support business cases for major investment decisions.
- Graduates with or a predicted 2:1 or above (Masters or Bachelors) in any of the following disciplines: Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Psychology.
- Confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Good communication skills and an individual who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser
- Someone who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and recommendations.
- A lateral thinker who isn’t afraid to push the boundaries
- Vision, ambition and the drive to keep on learning.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Atkins offers a competitive salary which will be discussed with you at offer stage. You can find out more details about our rewards and benefits on our website.