Graduate Training Scheme – Commercial
Founded over 27 years ago, the company has grown into a highly successful creative communication group, employing over 150 staff. They provide creative communication, print production, direct mail and fulfilment solutions to a wide range of organisations across several industry sectors through both traditional and new media.
Their approach is especially relevant in today’s business environment. As media choice and access increase, your ability to respond quickly to market challenges is crucial. They look to develop genuine partnerships and an in depth understanding of every client’s organisation so that they can make the most effective contribution and add the most value.
This is an excellent opportunity for motivated and ambitious graduates to join a well established company on their Graduate Training Scheme. Due to continued success and growth of the business our client is currently looking to recruit four candidates to follow their 12 month training programme that covers all aspects of business from marketing & commercial, digital, modern printing techniques, design through to sales allowing successful candidates to gain a wide breadth of company knowledge.
The training programme will involve both practical and commercial aspects of the business and with roles being based in the following areas:
• Production Data Analyst x 1
• Developer x1
• Marketer / Account Executive x 1 (based in our Edinburgh office)
• Account Executive x 2
• HR / Compliance Executive x 1
The candidate will need to be able to understand the production process and from this evaluate production figures. They will need to understand the stats we receive from various MIS systems and reports and use the data to highlight issues/non-conformances.
We would require specific analysis of press production, bindery production, incoming materials, outgoing finished work, as well as chain supply of internal consumables/ materials.
- Follow test plans and raise bugs in JIRA
- Investigate bugs and resolve the error
- Assist the implementation process on boarding new customers
- Become a productive part of the R&D team
- Assist I.T. in general tasks as required
- The role is primarily to support the development and delivery of the Sterling brand marketing plan.
- They will be integral in developing and delivering marketing plans for all our goods and services via multiple channels, including direct mail, digital, social, print and events/seminars.
- It is anticipated that as the candidate develops they will also get involved in delivering customer marking plans, supporting the Account Management team to meet customer briefs.
- It will also involve some internal communications planning and delivery.
- Take and understand briefs / directions from customers, challenge briefs to ensure the best possible solution is provided
- Provide accurate and profitable estimations for projects
- Identify risks to delivery and escalate appropriately
- Comply with their reporting procedures and ensure all practices and systems are followed under the ISO, FSC and PEFC Accreditation
- Ensure client invoicing is produced accurately and on time
- Evaluate projects on ongoing basis in terms of delivery, quality and profitability
- Assist, support and initiate in other areas of the business
- This role is a shared resource to support two departments.
- HR responsibilities including note taking for disciplinary meetings, investigation meetings, etc. Potential to hold disciplinary meetings for some issues if progress to permanent role. Wage administration. Administration of personnel data. Staff training / seminar involvement.
- Compliance responsibilities including internal audits, Entropy administration and management of action plans and non-conformances. Meeting with staff at all levels to resolve incidents, tasks and action plans. Developing and amending procedures including safe systems of work. Reviewing risk assessments. Data analysis and trends. Accident investigation.
- Degree in Communications or Marketing
- Knowledge/understanding of all communications channels
- Interest in social media and it’s use to promote business/leads
- Interest in digital marketing, strategy & tools
- Interest in brand, brand development and strategy
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent communicator who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Be able to identify & review information, identify sources and ask appropriate questions
- Internship or work experience of an agency environment would be an advantage
- 2:1 Degree in Marketing, Business, Design or IT
- Confident communication
- Ability to work on projects and manage deadlines
- Looking for a scheme that offers progression
- IT literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Digital – Some working knowledge of social media platforms are desirable
- Creative – the ability to understand a business’s brand
- Driving licence and transport
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays