Finance and Business Services Graduate Programme
‘F&BS’ brings together a variety of critical support functions; from typical accounting, treasury, investor relations and auditing through to sourcing, procure to pay and even property searches which is one of the many commercial streams we operate.
Depending on whether you follow the ACA, ACCA or CIMA route, you could expect placements in one of our embedded finance teams working closely to support our frontline or be working across the business from our head office in an area such as tax.
- After a comprehensive induction you can expect to complete a combination of rotations within different finance and business service areas over the duration of the three year programme, providing you with practical experience across a range of core specialisms within our highly regulated industry.
- As well as gaining your ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification, all our graduates complete an 18 month core graduate development programme. Throughout, you’ll have support from the managers and mentors in your business area. The programme has been designed around you to make sure you have the opportunity to maximise your potential. It has several elements that support you to start confidently in our business and develop your knowledge, skills and experience to succeed. You’ll be joining a network of graduates already in our business and will have all the support you need from day one. We review our programme each year, with core elements including:
- Company induction
- Health and safety training
- Coaching and buddy support
- On-the-job role placements
- Business and personal development modules
- Management development
- WaterAid charity business challenge
- Technical and professional development
- Off-boarding event
- Our Alumni enjoy fantastic careers with us, progressing in roles such as Auditor, Management Accountant, Treasury Manager and Financial Controller within our Head Office, Retail, Water or Waste divisions. Whatever your preference, one thing is for sure - this Programme offers a variety of opportunities to progress within the UK’s largest water and wastewater services provider.
- We strive to ‘reach higher and be better’ in everything that we do. We are a team of dedicated specialists with great attention to detail and love of numbers! We work on behalf of colleagues and customers across our entire business; from Swindon through Reading and the outskirts of London so you will need to be flexible to move around sites as required.
- How we go about things and our values are important to us, as well as a genuine interest in what we do and our customers. We are a diverse business and are looking for self-driven graduates who are confident stepping into new environments, adding value and whose values reflect ours:
- Reach higher, be better
- Take care
- Passionate about everything we do
- Be respectful and value everyone
- Be proud, be blue
- If you’re hardworking with a passion for both customer excellence and numbers, driven to study for ACA, ACCA or CIMA and have a 2:2 expected or achieved finance and business degree, please apply today.